The next selection meeting for city boards & commissions will be Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30pm in the Saxe Room of the Main Library.
There are lots of openings. Some highlights:
- There is one opening on the Parks Commission. If you care about parks and recreation, please consider applying.
- There are openings on some other influential city boards. If you live in D3, there’s (still) an opening on the Planning Board. If you live in D1, D2, D4 or D5, there are openings on the Community Development Advisory Committee. There are two openings on the Historical Commission. There is also an opening on the Worcester Arts Council, and openings on the Zoning Board of Appeals for residents of D1, D4, and D5.
- Two lesser-known boards that will likely heat up in the near future have openings: Cable Television Advisory Committee and Off-Street Parking Board.
- If advocacy is your thing, there are openings on Human Rights Commission, Advisory Committee on the Status of Women, Affirmative Action Advisory Committee, Elder Affairs Commission, and Commission on Disability.
- There are also two openings on the Hope Cemetery Commission.
If you’d like to see how the process works, watch Worcester Boards and Commissions 101.
Please consider applying for the boards that look most interesting…and get the word out to those you know.