The next selection meeting for city boards & commissions will be Wednesday, June 26 at 6:30pm in the Saxe Room of the Main Library.
There are lots of openings. Some highlights:
- There are openings on some other influential city boards. If you live in D4, there’s an opening on the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals. If you live in D1, D3, D4 or D5, there are openings on the Community Development Advisory Committee (which has recently been in the news). If you live in D3, there’s an opening on the Conservation Commission. There are three openings on the Historical Commission for those who live in the historical districts.
- There is one opening on the Citizen Advisory Council for a resident of D1. If you’re interested in getting folks more involved in city government, now might be your chance!
- Two lesser-known boards that will likely heat up in the near future have openings: Cable Television Advisory Committee and Off-Street Parking Board.
- If advocacy is your thing, there are openings on Affirmative Action Advisory Committee, Elder Affairs Commission, and Commission on Disability.
- There are also two openings on the Hope Cemetery Commission.
If you’d like to see how the process works, watch Worcester Boards and Commissions 101.
Please consider applying for the boards that look most interesting…and get the word out to those you know.