One of my absolute favorite things to do in the summer is Worcester Film Works‘ Movies on the Common.
In case you’ve never been, here’s what it’s like:
- Arrive at the Common with children in tow. They find other children to play ball with, or else play Frisbee to their hearts’ content and draw on the sidewalk with chalk when they need a break.
- Ask yourself how the guys are consistently able to recruit such awesome bands whilst munching on popcorn (free with your Woo Card!) and drinking an ice cold Orange Dry that the children will swipe in another minute.
- Wonder if it’s appropriate to sit on the WWII memorial. Never arrive at a satisfactory answer.
- Another great band; another Orange Dry that the kids will steal after they finish their ice cream.
- See absolutely everyone you know in Worcester.
- Watch a great movie.
It is so much fun and this is exactly what we need more of downtown.
WFW currently has a survey up to help narrow down the movies they’ll show this summer. If you haven’t already, please take a minute to vote for your choices. As long as your choices don’t include Dirty Dancing.
As we all know, these sorts of events don’t happen without a lot of hard work.
Here’s where the WFW crew could use some help:
- finding bands to play before the movie
- recruiting food/ice cream vendors
- set up/break down
- anything else you can think of!
Email Eric if you can help!