The next selection meeting for city boards & commissions will be Thursday, February 13 at 6:30pm at City Hall.
There are other openings for folks who’d like to volunteer on city boards. Some highlights:
- The Worcester Redevelopment Authority has been in the news and will continue to be in the news. Interested in urban planning and redevelopment? Apply for the open seat! (There’s an opening on the Planning Board for a resident of D5 as well.)
- There’s an opening on the Parks Commission as well.
- If you live in D3 or D5, there are openings on the Conservation Commission. There are two openings on the Historical Commission. There are also two openings on the Zoning Board of Appeals for residents of D2 and D4.
- The Cable Television Advisory Committee and the Off-Street Parking Board — which should have some interesting discussions soon — both have openings.
- If advocacy is your thing, there are openings on the Affirmative Action Advisory Committee, and Commission on Disability.
- And there’s more on the website.
If you’d like to see how the process works, watch Worcester Boards and Commissions 101.
Please consider applying for the boards that look most interesting…and get the word out to those you know.
I encourage folks to attend meetings of the board(s) they’re applying for, and to be flexible if members of the CAC recommend that you try for a board you didn’t apply for.