Via WalkBike Worcester:
MassDOT is holding a public meeting tonight (January 29) from 6-8pm at Union Station on two recently released transportation planning documents for public review: a Long-Range Transportation Plan, “weMove Massachusetts (WMM): Planning for Performance,” and the first draft of its five-year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) for FY2014-FY2018.
More information on that meeting (which is one of six in various parts of the Commonwealth) here.
Also, on Tuesday, February 4 at 7pm at the CMRPC offices on the second floor of Union Station, MassDOT will hold a design hearing for a resurfacing and streetscape project on Harding Street to complement the other Canal District improvements.
WalkBike Worcester will be having a social event on Monday, February 10, at 5pm at Smokestack Urban Barbecue. I recommend attending if you’re interested in getting involved with their work.
Update, 10:01am — one more meeting:
Worcester State University Neighbor Council will meet tonight, Wednesday, Jan. 29th, in The Foster Room, 6:30 – 8:00.
• 6:30 – 7:00: Social Talk. Light refreshments
• 7:00: Guest Speaker: Jack Foley, VP of Government and Community Relations at Clark University
• Honoring the Legacy of Cathy Walsh
• Update on Walk Bike Worcester Event
• Update on Work Behind Chandler Magnet / Mass Service Alliance Grant.