The City Council Economic Development Committee will hold a public meeting to discuss the proposed Theatre District Master Plan at 5:30PM on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at the Esther Howland Chamber on the third floor of City Hall.
(yes, that’s pretty much taken verbatim from an email.)
The next selection meeting for city boards & commissions will be this Wednesday, November 20 at 6:30pm in the Saxe Room of the Main Library.
The list of vacancies can be found on the City website.
UPDATE: a loyal reader says the Memorial Auditorium Board may be the one most pregnant with possibilities. Or just the most pregnant. You should definitely apply.
If you live in D3, there are openings on the Conservation Commission and the Community Development Advisory Committee. Check out this video for more details on the latter:
There are other openings for folks who’d like to volunteer on city boards. Some highlights:
- There are openings on some other influential city boards. There are three openings on the Historical Commission. There are also two openings on the Zoning Board of Appeals for residents of D2 and D4.
- The Cable Television Advisory Committee, which was recently in the news, and my favorite board (or, at least, my favorite board I don’t serve on) — the Off-Street Parking Board — both have openings.
- If advocacy is your thing, there are openings on the Affirmative Action Advisory Committee, Elder Affairs Commission, and Commission on Disability.
- The Mayor Thomas Early Scholarship Committee has two openings.
- And there’s more on the website.
If you’d like to see how the process works, watch Worcester Boards and Commissions 101.
Please consider applying for the boards that look most interesting…and get the word out to those you know.
I encourage folks to attend meetings of the board(s) they’re applying for, and to be flexible if members of the CAC recommend that you try for a board you didn’t apply for.