A bit far, but I dare you not to love this:
July 6th, 2012 at 7 PM
Town Hall, Royalston
Here is our recipe for summer Shakespeare
Royalston Shakespeare Summer Play
- 25 – 40 youth, ages 7- 16 years, from Royalston and surrounding towns
- 2 new co-directors*
- 3 assistant directors
- one Town Hall
- some very old lights
- some very inexpensive sets
- costumes from Salvation Army
- loads of support from the people of Royalston, especially the friends of the Library and Kathy Morris, Librarian
- enthusiasm and dedication of the youth
- enthusiasm and dedication of the directors
mix with one reduced but not diluted script by Willy Shakespeare
- Get to know one another by playing theater games.
- Then learn the story of the play through improv of key scenes.
- Cast all comers who want them in speaking roles
- Rewrite script as necessary
- Rehearse, rehearse,rehearse.
- Build and paint and practice.
- Devise, beg , borrow and steal properties, costumes and whatever is needed.
- Bake in extremes of summer heat
and 10 days later — perform a 1 – 1.5 hour play for community, family and friends.
* volunteer directors: Noah Dawson – Director Yasmine Seghir – Director
Beth Gospodarek – co director and producer
Caleb Chase – Designer
Gibson LaRoche – Designer
Norah Dooley – assistant