Main South Celebrates will take place this Saturday, October 15. From the website:
There will be an array of green exhibitors and vendors, and in addition, rather than distributing bottled water, drinking water for festival attendees will be provided by the City of Worcester’s water-buffalo truck. We are also pleased to announce that the Main South Farmer’s Market will be joining Main South Celebrates! for the day at Crystal Park, so please come ready to buy delicious, local, organic produce!
Aside from the many green features, Main South Celebrates! also offers many exciting activities, including:
* Performances all day
* Free hotdogs and hamburgers, as well as food vendors from several local restaurants.
* An entire children section equipped with moonwalks, face-painting, arts and crafts, and more
* Organized field-day activities for teens
* Artisan and non-profit informational vendors
* SAORI weaving demonstrations
* Worcester Forestry Department interactive presentations
Addendum — Occupy Worcester will also be meeting there at 2pm and then marching to the Common at 3pm.
This is in no way an endorsement of OW; just passing along information. It also reminds me that they keep repeating one of my pet peeves: it is Common (singular), not Commons. Just like the prominent hip-hop artist.